Antarctic Explorer: Discovering the 7th Continent (with Buenos Aires flights)
» Feb 6 2020 – Feb 16 2020 (11 DAYS)
» EMBARKATION: Ushuaia
» DISEMBARKATION: Ushuaia
EXPEDITION IN BRIEF
- Discover why this trip is perfect for first-time visitors to Antarctica
- Explore highlights of the Antarctic Peninsula
- Learn about the environment and wildlife from on-board lecturers and specialists
- Experience abundant wildlife: penguins, seals, whales and more!
- Day 1 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Day 2 – Fly to Ushuaia, Argentina, and embarkation
- Day 3 and 4 – Crossing the Drake Passage
- Days 5 to 8 – South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
- Days 9 and 10 – Crossing the Drake Passage
- Day 11 – Disembarkation in Ushuaia and fly to Buenos Aires
Antarctica has been inspiring explorers for centuries. And this expedition offers you the chance to discover why, with an unforgettable journey through the spectacular wilderness of the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula. You’ll encounter a world where nature creates the rules, her unpredictable temperament making each trip unique, exciting and personal.
Imagine cruising in a Zodiac through crackling sea ice like shattered glass, witnessing penguins building their nests, or navigating through a maze of icebergs, each one uniquely shaped by its journey through the sea. You’ll enjoy iconic Antarctic highlights, exhilarating adventures and be rewarded with memories to last a lifetime.
ITINERARY DAY BY DAY
Day 1 – Buenos Aires, Argentina
You may arrive in Buenos Aires at any time during Day 1 of the itinerary. Upon your arrival in Buenos Aires, you will independently transfer to the group hotel (pre-night hotel included).
Day 2 – Ushuaia, Argentina, and Embarkation
After breakfast at the hotel, the group will transfer to the airport and board our private charter flight to Ushuaia, Argentina.
Upon arrival, you will have a little time to explore this quaint port town before heading to the pier.
Embarkation will occur in the late afternoon, after which your vessel will sail down the historic Beagle Channel. This famous channel transects the Tierra del Fuego archipelago in the extreme south of South America. Expect an air of anticipation as you depart—the next time you’ll see land you’ll be in the world’s most southern continent!
Days 3 and 4 – Crossing the Drake Passage
Prepare yourself for potentially rough water, but hope for a smooth sailing as the Drake is unpredictable and always changing. You’ll spend these first days getting to know your shipmates while your Expedition Team provides safety briefings and insights into what excitement lies ahead.
Days 5 to 8 – South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
Once the Antarctic Convergence is left in our wake, you will truly begin your Antarctic adventure. It is perhaps the first sight of land itself that is embraced as the true beginning of any Antarctic expedition. You will begin to appreciate why this region has long captivated the attention of explorers and travelers alike. Every time we visit Antarctica, we witness something new or unexpected, which means that your expedition will be unlike any other—creating a unique, personal experience.
Days 9 and 10 – Crossing the Drake Passage
The journey back across the Drake Passage provides final opportunities to enjoy the crisp Antarctic air. Spend time on the deck, watching for seabirds and scouting for whales, enjoy presentations by your Expedition Team, or simply relax and reminisce about your experiences.
Day 11 – Disembarkation in Ushuaia
You will arrive in Ushuaia in the morning, after breakfast. After disembarking, you will get a little taste of Patagonia, touring Tierra del Fuego National Park before transferring to the airport for the return group charter flight to Buenos Aires.
CABINS & PRICES
|Inside Single||USD 12,395|
|Twin Porthole||USD 10,295|
|Twin Window||USD 10,695|
|Upper Decks||USD 11,095|
|Twin Porthole Suites||USD 11,595|
|Top Deck Double||USD 12,795|
|Twin Window Suites||USD 13,495|
|Junior Suite||USD 14,195|
|Owner Suite||USD 14,895|
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks on board
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- A hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- Comprehensive predeparture materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- Mandatory transfer package*
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Optional adventure activities
- Arrival transfer in Buenos Aires on Day 1
*Buenos Aires transfer package includes:
- One night’s hotel accommodation in Buenos Aires, with breakfast
- Group transfer from the hotel to the airport in Buenos Aires
- Charter flight from the Buenos Aires international airport to Ushuaia, and return
- Group transfer from the Ushuaia airport to the ship, and return
- Combined airport transfer and express bus tour of Tierra del Fuego National Park after disembarkation
Package cost: USD 950