Epic Antarctica: Crossing the Circle via Falklands (Malvinas) & South Georgia
» Dec 18 2019 – Jan 9 2020 (23 DAYS)
» EMBARKATION: Ushuaia
» DISEMBARKATION: Ushuaia
EXPEDITION IN BRIEF
- Explore the world’s seventh continent on the Antarctic Peninsula by ship, Zodiac and on foot.
- Learn about Antarctica’s unique geology, history and wildlife with an expert team of lecturers.
- See the incredible wildlife of South Georgia, often referred to as “the Galapagos of the South.” This includes more than 30 species of breeding birds, including four species of penguin.
- Follow in the footsteps of Sir Ernest Shackleton’s perilous voyage on South Georgia and pause for a moment at his graveside.
- Explore the quaint, British town of Port Stanley in the Falkland Islands.
- Crossing of the Antarctic Circle.
- Day 1 – Ushuaia, Argentina
- Day 2 – Embarkation day
- Day 3 – At sea
- Day 4 and 5 – Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)
- Days 6 and 7 – At Sea
- Days 8 to 11 – South Georgia
- Days 12 and 13 – At Sea
- Days 14 to 16 – South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula
- Days 17 and 18 – Antarctic Circle
- Days 19 and 20 – Northbound Along the Peninsula
- Days 21 and 22 – Crossing the Drake Passage
- Day 23 – Disembark in Ushuaia
Embark on a once-in-a-lifetime adventure on this diverse expedition – you’ll experience the spectacular flora and fauna of the Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas) before immersing yourself in the unique history and exquisite, rare wildlife of South Georgia.
Whether you’re visiting Antarctic research stations, witnessing a sudden minke whale breach from your Zodiac, sharing a magical moment with king penguins, or celebrating crossing the Antarctic Circle with like-minded travelers and crew, you’ll know this experience will live on in you forever.
CABINS & PRICES
|Twin (obst. view)||USD 12,895|
|Twin (window)||USD 13,495|
|Single (obst. View)||USD 15,795|
|Single (porthole)||USD 28,695|
|Balcony Suite||USD 26,995|
- Shipboard accommodation with daily housekeeping
- All breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks on board
- All shore landings per the daily program
- Leadership throughout the voyage by our experienced Expedition Leader
- All Zodiac transfers and cruising per the daily program
- Formal and informal presentations by our Expedition Team and special guests as scheduled
- A photographic journal documenting the expedition
- Waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings
- An official Quark Expeditions® parka to keep
- Coffee, tea and cocoa available around the clock
- A hair dryer and bathrobes in every cabin
- Comprehensive predeparture materials, including a map and an informative Antarctic Reader
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program
- All luggage handling aboard the ship
- All gratuities
- Emergency evacuation insurance to a maximum benefit of US$500,000 per person
- Group transfer in Ushuaia from the airport to the pre-expedition hotel on Day 1
- One night’s pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Ushuaia, with breakfast
- Group transfer from the hotel to the ship on embarkation day
- Group transfer upon disembarkation in Ushuaia from the ship to the local airport
- International airfare
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes not mentioned above
- Meals ashore unless otherwise specified
- Baggage, cancellation, interruption and medical travel insurance—strongly recommended
- Excess-baggage fees on international flights
- Mandatory waterproof pants for Zodiac cruising, or any other gear not mentioned
- Laundry, bar, beverage and other personal charges unless specified
- Phone and Internet charges
- Additional overnight accommodation
- Optional adventure activities