Antarctic Express air cruise
» Jan 11 2023 – Jan 16 2023 (6 DAYS)
» EMBARKATION: Ushuaia
» DISEMBARKATION: King George Island, Antarctica
EXPEDITION IN BRIEF
- Day 1 – Start of the Air-Cruise
- Day 2 – Cape Horn and Drake Passage
- Day 3 – Drake Passage
- Day 4 – Drake Passage and Antarctica
- Day 5 – Antarctica and scheduled return flight
- Day 6 – End of the Air-Cruise
This voyage offers you the chance to discover why, with an unforgettable journey through the spectacular wilderness of the South Shetland Islands and Antarctic Peninsula. This is a place with an extraordinary and dramatic history; the silence, and the purity of its environment is something that cannot be described in words.
Keep your camera ready as you cruise in a Zodiac in search of whales, seals, seabirds and astounding icebergs. On land you will witness thousands of penguins in their colonies, with snowcapped mountain peaks looming behind. During this trip, you will enjoy iconic Antarctic highlights, and you will be rewarded with memories to last a lifetime.
CABINS & PRICES
|Triple Suite||USD 4,995|
|Porthole Cabin||USD 5,995|
|Veranda Cabin||USD 6,295|
|Deluxe Veranda||USD 6,695|
|PH Suite||USD 7,795|
|Grand Suite||USD 8,595|
|Single Cabin||USD 8,595|
- For air-cruises starting in Punta Arenas, group transfers airport/hotel on Day 1.
- For air-cruises starting in Punta Arenas, one overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel or similar, with a welcome dinner including drinks on Day 1.
- 1 overnight with breakfast in Punta Arenas at the Cabo de Hornos Hotel or similar on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica
- For air-cruises starting in Punta Arenas, enjoy special access to Explorers House.
- Group transfers airport/hotel on the Day of the Scheduled Return Flight from Antarctica, and group transfers hotel/airport on last Day of the air-cruise.
- Flight from Punta Arenas to Frei Station on King George Island and/or vice versa as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
- Ship cruise as indicated in the program corresponding to each voyage.
- Daily breakfast and lunch on board ship offering a wide choice of dishes.
- Daily served dinner on board ship offering a choice of three main courses.
- Wine, beer, juice, and soft drinks served with lunch and dinner on board ship.
- Coffee, tea, chocolate, cappuccino, water and snacks on board ship throughout the expedition.
- All guided shore excursions.
- Lectures and entertainment on board.
- Comprehensive pre- and post-voyage information material.
- Loan of waterproof boots for landing in Antarctica.
- Contingency Plan as described on page 39.
- IAATO passenger fee.
- Accommodation, meals, excursions and transfers other than those included in the itinerary and the Contingency Plan corresponding to each voyage. Specifically, dinner in Punta Arenas upon return from Antarctica is not included.
- Beverages purchased at the ship’s bar.
- Internet connection on board the ship.
- Personal travel insurance.
- Extra expenses (communication, laundry, souvenirs, etc.).
- Visas for Chile and/or Argentina, passport expenses, and any arrival and/or departure tax, if applicable.