Antarctic Peninsula – Basecamp Plancius
» Dec 29 2019 – Jan 9 2020 (12 DAYS)
» EMBARKATION: Ushuaia
» DISEMBARKATION: Ushuaia
EXPEDITION IN BRIEF
- Day 1 – Embarkation in Ushuaia
- Days 2 and 3 – En-route to the Antarctic Peninsula
- Days 4 to 9 – Antarctica
- Days 10 and 11 – At sea en-route to Ushuaia
- Day 12 – Disembarkation in Ushuaia
There are so many ways one can explore our Polar Regions. There is hiking and snowshoeing over rugged landscapes, or ascending mountains to get that perfect panoramic photograph. There are trips inland where you can make friends with the local penguin population. Perhaps you’d like to explore the shorelines via kayak or Zodiac. Maybe you’d like to camp out under the Antarctic skies. Or, how about whales? Who wouldn’t want to go out and see some whales up close and personal?
Planning an adventure trip can be a bit tricky if packages limit your options as to how you can experience the Arctic or Antarctic. You want to do it all, and not have to follow someone else’s notions of what will be fun or interesting. That’s why we created our Basecamp adventure cruises.
During your trip you will use one of our self-owned vessels as the centre of all of the activities that we offer as ways to explore your Polar Region of choice. The vessel will stay for two or three days at specific locations to serve as a comfortable hub for a wide range of activities that will enable…
- …mountaineers to climb mountain ranges (soft climbing).
- …hikers to participate in long walks.
- …photographers to explore photo opportunities.
- …campers to enjoy life at shore base camps.
- …kayakers and Zodiac passengers to explore shorelines where the cruise ship cannot go.
CABINS & PRICES
All rates per person in USD
*Price per person when booking the complete cabin for two people
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes
- Luggage transfer from pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Ushuaia
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation)
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
- During our “Basecamp” departures, all offered activities (including camping, kayaking, snowshoe/hiking, mountaineering, photo workshop) as well as our standard included shore excursions and zodiac cruises) are free of charge
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided)