Antarctica – Discovery and Learning Voyage + Navigational Workshop
» Nov 30 2024 – Dec 10 2024 (11 DAYS)
» EMBARKATION: Ushuaia
» DISEMBARKATION: Ushuaia
EXPEDITION IN BRIEF
- Day 1 – Embarkation in Ushuaia
- Days 2 and 3 – Crossing the Drake Passage
- Days 4 to 7 – Exploring Antarctica
- Day 8 – South Shetland
- Days 9 and 10 – Crossing the Drake Passage
- Day 11 – Disembarkation in Ushuaia
This Antarctic Peninsula and South Shetland Islands cruise delivers you into a landscape of dark rugged rock, pure white snow, and a fantastic variety of wildlife. Come say hello to whales, seals, and thousands of penguins.
Be part of a true polar expedition! During this adventurous voyage, we will visit some of Antarctica’s remote islands. This includes the Wauwermans Islands (close to Anvers Island), where we will chart and make depth measurements while exploring the area in our Zodiac boats and kayaks. Navigation workshops and presentations about historic Antarctic voyages are also part of this exciting activity-based expedition.
Select this activity if you’re interested in learning the history, theory, and practice of land and sea navigation. Topics covered include the use of sextants, chart positioning, and GPS functions, among others. All courses are led by experienced expedition guides. No additional equipment needed.
CABINS & PRICES
|Quadruple Porthole||USD 7,900|
|Triple Porthole||USD 9,700|
|Twin Porthole||USD 9,700|
|Twin Window||USD 10,100|
|Twin Deluxe||USD 10,750|
All rates per person in USD – Due to the dynamic pricing policies applied by operators, rates may be slightly different from the ones displayed. Please always reconfirm with us before booking
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea.
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac.
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
- Free use of rubber boots and snowshoes.
- Luggage transfer from pick-up point to the vessel on the day of embarkation, in Ushuaia.
- Pre-scheduled group transfer from the vessel to the airport in Ushuaia (directly after disembarkation).
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme.
- Comprehensive pre-departure material.
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements.
- Passport and visa expenses.
- Government arrival and departure taxes.
- Meals ashore.
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is strongly recommended).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges.
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).