Atlantic Odyssey, Ascension to Praia
» Apr 24 2018 – Apr 30 2018 (7 DAYS)
» EMBARKATION: Ascension Island
» DISEMBARKATION: Praia
EXPEDITION IN BRIEF
PLEASE NOTE: This itinerary is for guidance only. Programs may vary depending on local ice and weather conditions, the availability of landing sites and opportunities to see wildlife. The final itinerary will be determined by the Expedition Leader on board. Flexibility is paramount for expedition cruises. Average cruising speed for m/v Plancius is 10,5 knots.
- Days 29 to 33 – At sea
- Day 34 – Praia
ITINERARY DAY BY DAY
Days 29 to 33 – At sea
We witness the northbound spring migration of northern birds like Arctic Terns and Long-tailed Skuas who join us in crossing the Equator.
Day 34 – Praia
(April 30) – Passengers will disembark at 9.00 hours*. Those who will fly from Praia on the night of April 30/May 1 will be offered an excursion in Praia on the island of Sao Tiago. We shall make an excursion to Cidade Velha, steeped in history, and shall observe the massive fortress on the hill, built to deter English marauders in the period when the Crowns of Portugal and Spain were united and Portuguese possessions became as fair game to the likes of Drake and Raleigh as were Spanish ones. We shall see the ruins of the Cathedral, the oldest Christian Church in the tropics, and the slave whipping post in the main square. We shall stroll around the City of Praia, which is the capital of the Cape Verdes, and which has given rise to a unique variety of folk music, which we shall hear as we pass the various bars!
CABINS & PRICES
|Quadruple Porthole||USD 840|
|Triple Porthole||USD 960|
|Twin Porthole||USD 1,080|
|Twin Window||USD 1,160|
|Twin Deluxe||USD 1,240|
All rates expressed in USD per person sharing
*Price per person when booking the complete cabin for two people
- Voyage aboard the indicated vessel as indicated in the itinerary
- All meals throughout the voyage aboard the ship including snacks, coffee and tea
- All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by Zodiac
- Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the programme
- Comprehensive pre-departure material
- Any airfare, whether on scheduled or charter flights
- Pre- and post- land arrangements
- Passport and visa expenses
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Meals ashore
- Baggage, cancellation and personal insurance (which is mandatory).
- Excess baggage charges and all items of a personal nature such as laundry, bar, beverage charges and telecommunication charges
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyages for stewards and other service personnel aboard (guidelines will be provided).